Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Packing for Italy: BEAUTY BAG

As you may know if you read my last post, I'm going to Itlay in July for an intensive study abroad program. Not only will it be summer while I'm there but it will be the hottest time of summer! I'll be sure to work up a sweat just stepping out of my hotel!

As it's going to be so hot and I wont have much space I'm going to (try) to pack minimal makeup and clothes. We'll see how that goes... These are my (current) travel beauty essentials, sure to change soon! But for the time being, these are my go to for light packing and super hot weather! 


BODY:

The biggest change I see in my skin (face and body) when I travel is the dryness! This comes from a combination of pressurised cabins with dry air, not being able to hydrate and nourish as well as at home because I'm constantly on the go and sun exposure which pulls the moisture from your skin. It's super important to keep your skin hydrated particularly if you want your gorgeous new European tan to last! 

Aveeno is a great body wash because the oatmeal in it makes it super moisturising. I also like to moisturise with a light lotion like one from Nivea, since I will be bikini clad for the most part of my trip (hopefully), I've opted for the Q10 Firming Lotion just to keep everything looking nice and tight - you know?!

My final body travel essential is kinda more of a pre-travel essential, although I will definitely pour some into a travel container and take more with me! It's the Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk. This is BY FAR my favourite gradual tanner ever! I'm all about the gradual tanner because I prefer something more natural and I'm a control freak - and I can control this stuff. Plusss this stuff smells AMAZING. Seriously, don't spend money on any other gradual tan, this is where it's at! 

HAIR:
Heat and humidity are not your friend girl. These products on the other hand, are. The Oléo-Relax range from Kérastase is super hydrating and powerful on frizz so it's great to take when going somewhere hot! As for the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, well, you can't go to the beach every day, but that doesn't mean you can't have sexy beach curls every damn day of you vacation now does it! ;)

MAKEUP:

As I said, I'm trying to keep makeup to a minimum, so this is what I've decided it go with. I guarantee you I will take more with me, but here's hoping!

Garnier Sensitive BB Cream - looks like you're wearing nothin at all! Plus, I hear there is one with SPF? Though this may be just the US (as always..) I like a powder foundations like the Bare Minerals Matt Foundation for hot weather as it keeps that shiny, sweaty "glow" to a minimum!

As for eyeshadow, as much as I would love to take all the colours of the rainbow, I just don't have the room, so the Urban Decay Basic Naked Palette it is! It's an amazing collection of six super flexible yet neutral colours. You can easily create a day or night look with this palette so it's perfect for travel. My mascara is a trusty, old favourite, Maybelline Falsies. I'll take both a regular and waterproof formula.

Finally, and I'm sure every Aussie will agree with me, I can't go anywhere without my Luca's PawPaw Ointment, a must for me wherever I am (did you know it's not just for lips?) I'll also pack a lipstick or two, but I also often buy these during my travels as I love to get new additions, so I may not take one at all (eek!!)

TOOLS OF THE TRADE:
Finally, I'll take just a couple of brushes and a beauty sponge. A travel set like this one by EcoTools is ideal! Plus, they're good for the environment. 


What are your travel beauty essentials? Let me know below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment